Monday, September 26, 2016

Bornholm!

Hey!

What a week it has been! I've been in a couple countries, a couple boats and a few islands. It's been great! I'll try to rattle it all off...it's a lot to take it.

On Monday, we drove from Copenhagen, into Sweden, through a big city called Malmö, then about an hour to a city called Ystad. I found a Subway sandwich place there! Sweden seems a bit more Americanized than Denmark, but the countries are about the same. I decided to buy a shirt while I was there too to document my visit. We then took an 1.5 hour ferry ride from Ystad to Rønne, Bornholm. We then drove from there too our apartment. We live right next to a senior couple, so that's really nice!

Throughout the week, we were able to find 5 new investigators and teach a total of 12 lessons this week, so that was really good! We went pretty hard while knocking and it ended up working out. These investigators all seem pretty positive, so that's super good! We hope to commit one or two of them to baptism this week, so we hope it works out. The branch here has a total of 24 members, 18 of which are active. The church building is way smaller than our house, but it does the job! At church, I was able to be sustained and set apart as second counselor in the branch presidency. That was a weird, but cool experience. I think there will be a lot for me to learn and it'll be good. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be weird leading sacrament and counting tithing/fast offerings were odd, but it'll be a fun calling!

Then, today, we went with the senior couple over to an island called Christiansø, which also includes Frederiksø. It was about an hour ferry ride over there....on a tiny boat. We all about lost our lunch on that thing. It was not a fun ride, but we survived! The island was BEAUTIFUL and super rocky and adventurous. I'll send pictures. It was cool. Like nothing I have ever seen. It kinda felt like I was in Jerusalem for some odd reason, but that's just because there were a bunch of walls, no cars or roads and weird plants I haven't really seen. It was cool! I'll attach some pics.

In other news, I'll be going back to Copenhagen this week for a zone training, so I'll almost kinda do a repeat of this week next week, but this time we'll be stopping in Malmö, Sweden instead to tour. It'll be fun! It'll be a fun trip.

Anyways, with respect to General Conference this week, I invite everyone to think about your weaknesses, maybe where you lack in your testimonies, you pick, but that big thing you struggle most with, and write down a question or two about it, and when the general authorities speak this week, wait for your answer to be given! I promise it will be!

I love you all! :)

Æ. Taylor Howes

These are some pictures from Christiansø and Frederiksø. Beautiful huh? :)









No comments:

Post a Comment