Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Transfer to Bornholm

Hello!

This should be my last transfer of my mission as I'm heading off to an island called Bornholm. It's just below Sweden and right above Poland. It's about 4 hours from Copenhagen and it requires a 2 hour ferry ride to get over there. I'm not there yet, but my ferry leaves tonight at 6.30, so I'll be off as soon as that happens! Bornholm isn't very populated - the largest city in Rønne and the population is around 12,000 people. The church is a branch which is lead by a senior couple. I will also be serving as the second counselor to him, and my companion will be the first. It should be really interesting! I've heard it's a beautiful island and in order to get there, I have to go through Sweden, so I get to see another country! Woohoo! :) I'm excited.

This week was pretty difficult saying goodbye to some of the investigators and less active members that I've grown to be good friends with, but I'm sure their growth will continue! It'll be hard to say good bye to Elder Fairbanks! He and I were really good friends and got along pretty well. My new companion is Elder Teynor, from Salt Lake City, Utah. He seems like a good guy and I feel we'll get along pretty well. It'll be a fun transfer out there! I'm happy for this change and I think I'll learn a lot from being out there. It should be fun! 

I don't have a lot of time, but remember to do those small and simple things daily, putting on the armour of God. :D

I love and miss you all tons! Ill send pictures next week of the place! :)

MKH, 

Æ Taylor Howes

No comments:

Post a Comment