Monday, September 26, 2016

We get nothing out of a good idea unless that idea becomes a product. Do it.

Hey!

The sun has still been shining in Denmark and it rained for the first time in a week or so last night, so I've been dry, warm and happy! It's good to see that summer has begun, and I've been getting a pretty solid tan too... :) But, overall, it's been a good week!

This week, we had a Zone Conference up in my first area, Hillerød/Allerød, so it was weird to be back a year later. The Zone Conference had a really interesting theme - teaching investigators about life's purpose with relation to Adam and Eve. In short, we're all offspring of God, and just like loving earthly parents, we have the same potential as them and our parents want us to become like them and/or better than them so we can achieve the same things that they did, God gives us the same potential so that we can become like Him, even as a God. God loves us and wants to give us everything He has. Therefore, our purpose is to learn and grow to fulfill our potential and become like God. Adam and Eve made it possible to learn and grow so that it's possible to become like unto God. Quite interesting. I wish you all were there, but all in all, I learned a lot and was intrigued the whole time. That doesn't happen very often for me! Right after, we all came together and played football and soccer, so that was fun! 

My trainee though is awesome! He's a hardworker and fearless. He'll do whatever I ask him to do with a willing heart, the right desire and without holding back. It's like I'm not even training him in all honesty. He knows exactly what to do! 

In church this week, we had 186 attending in Sacrament meeting! That was the most I have both seen and heard of on my mission. I know that doesn't sound like too much, but trust me, every seat was filled, both in the chapel and on the stand, then the overflow was in use on a different floor. So it wound up being a good Sunday. We also had a linger longer or whatever those are called afterwards where we all ate! :) 

Well, I tend to leave a scripture every week, so I'll keep on with it! There's a verse in Mosiah 4. It's number 10. It says, "...if you believe all these things see that ye do them." Often times, we believe in some things and we know exactly why we believe in them, but we fail to actually do the important part - actually doing it. God gave us commandments and what not for our benefit. We shouild know why it's important, believe and it and most importantly follow it, because that's the only way we're going to receive all the blessings God wants to shower upon us. We get nothing out of a good idea unless that idea becomes a product. The same concept applies. Do it. 

Welp, I got some pics this week fortunately! Yay! But I hope you all have a great week and enjoy the good weather if the weather is good over there too! :) 

MKH, 

Ældste Taylor Howes

In a town called Kalundborg. It's in the Zone Leaders area. And then the church there. It's the only Cathedral in the world with 5 spires.



No comments:

Post a Comment