Monday, September 26, 2016

Mother's Day


Welp, long time no talk! It hasn't even been 24 hours since I last talked to my family! It's always a blast to skype! Not to hang up though! This week has been fun though! It's been about 80 degrees here believe it or not! It's been great but wearing church clothes in that heat is not! I'm happy the rain has stayed away and the sun has been shining! Makes Denmark more beautiful and me happier! :)

This week was great though! We were on splits with the Zone Leaders in Slagelse and that's always fun. We did service for their Bishop, and midway through, one of the sisters got a big ole thorn stabbed into her wrist and that led us to the hospital! That made for a fun adventure. I was then on splits later in the week with my 3rd companion, Elder Nielsen who I served with in Randers. He's in my district and we had a pretty good time reminiscing on times in Randers! We worked pretty hard that day and knocked a ton of doors....brings back those memories from our least favorite transfer! Then, on Saturday we played soccer with some people from our ward, part-member families and less-actives. That was pretty fun. I've actually been getting fairly okay at soccer! I'm learning from Europeans!! ;)  Then of course on Mother's Day I got to skype after church!!! Therefore***, I've had a pretty good week!! :)

In relation to missionary work, it's been actually pretty good! We came up with ideas on how we can make finding better because the district/zone was struggling with it, so the zone leaders came up with a bright idea of short, powerful "elevator" speeches. It's been pretty great actually. It's been a pretty hard change because it gets us out of other routines and our comfort zones, but I got over that and it's been working REALLY well. We've taught a few street/door lessons and found a few potential investigators. We've also invited a few people to baptism and they're of course not really ready, but they know the expectation and are willing to find out for themselves. As a whole, the area is coming out of it's pit and into a new life. It's been slow here still, but the progress is becoming more rapid.

I finally took some pics this week! :)

I hope you all have a good week! I hope Mother's day was good for all you mommas! 

​:)

Med Kærlig Hilsen, 

Ældste Taylor Howes





No comments:

Post a Comment