Monday, September 26, 2016

P-Day at a Viking Ship Museum

Welp!

The transfer news is out. I'm getting a new companion...a completely new companion! I'm training again! This transfers gonna be a blast! I'm pretty excited! Apparently I didn't do it right the first time so I get another shot at it! (JK) I'm stoked. Elder Olson gets put up in Frederikshavn, which is the northernmost part of Denmark on Jylland. He's pretty excited. He's ready to leave this area after being here 6 months. It was a great transfer with him. We got along really well!

This week was a blast too. We found 2 new investigators that are pretty open to meet with us! That's a huge positive. That's our first new investigators this whole transfer! So the area is on the right path still and moving forward. A lot has been happening here, so that's good! We're still finding a ton, but also starting to teach a little bit more! All in all, I can't complain. Any progress is better than none, so I'm happy regardless. I think having a trainee will bring a lot of success to the area. Even though they think they don't do much, they bring energy and that's all that an area needs. 

This week I found an interesting scripture. It's in Jacob 4, which overall is an incredible chapter, but it says, "3 Now in this thing we do rejoice; and we labor diligently to engraven these words upon plates, hoping that our beloved brethren and our children will receive them with thankful hearts, and look upon them that they may learn with joy and not with sorrow, neither with contempt, concerning their first parents. 4 For, for this intent have we written these things, that they may know that we knew of Christ, and we had a hope of his glory many hundred years before his coming; and not only we ourselves had a hope of his glory, but also all the holy prophets which were before us." This is what our forefathers wanted before Christ even came. All they want is for us to know of His glory. His glory before He came and even now, after He came. They wrote all of these records just for us - only so we know how to find peace, joy and eternal life. It's quite incredible. Nobody today thinks about doing something for their children 800+ years from now. That amount of charity is beyond comprehension but I sure am grateful for what they did for me personally! :)

For P-day this week, we went to a Viking ship museum. That was kinda cool. I got pics of some viking ships found from year 800 or something crazy like that. And then in another pic, there's a village there. Then lastly, we caught a cool sunset. The sky was vibrant pink! Anyways, it was a good week! I look forward to talking next week! I love you all and have a great week! Take it easy!

Med Kærlig Hilsen, 

Ældste Taylor Howes




No comments:

Post a Comment