Monday, September 12, 2016

Lucky Charms and Soccer

Hey!

It's been a good week. It was packed with a lot of stuff. The highlight was the F.C. København soccer/football game. We all know it's not football. It was still good though. I realized that soccer games are RIDICULOUSLY short. 90 minutes? That goes by quick. Anyways, the game was good. They played another Danish team, Odense. It was tied 0-0 until the 82nd minute, then there was a penalty kick which gave FCK a goal, then they got another goal shortly after. It was intense! The stadium was pretty cool too. I didn't think it'd be that big! It is where the national team plays, so it was a good stadium.

Anyways, this week I was on splits with Elder Koch. He's actually a missionary who comes originally from Randers, DK, so he was my assistant branch mission leader over in Randers, then he was my companion for a day! It was pretty fun. He's visa waiting to go to Zimbabwe on his mission. The poor guy still hasn't been to the MTC, so he literally has no clue what he's doing, but he's holding up really well! I was also on splits with the assistants this week. That was also alright. They're a couple of cool guys!

What else! OH! I found a store this week in Copenhagen that sells LUCKY CHARMS! They were 11 bucks, but I had to get em. Then, I found Nutter Butters, got those, Hello Panda cookies, got those and JIF Peanut Butter. Got that too. That's the first store I have seen my whole mission sell American stuff like that. I did not think I would come across that marshmallow cereal again. That made my week magically delicious.

There was a story I found in the scriptures that I felt inspired to share with the district during district meeting. I get calls from some of the missionaries and they tell me that they can't do anything and they're having a rough time,,,etc, I've felt the same way. Some of us struggle to teach 3 lessons a week, and they're right here in the capital city. We don't understand why it's so hard, but we just keep on pushing anyways. In the Book of Moses, in the Pearl of Great Price, there's a story about Enoch that's really good. You can read it from verse 27-34. I'm only gonna paste 31-34. It says, "31 And when Enoch had heard these words, he bowed himself to the earth, before the Lord, and spake before the Lord, saying: Why is it that I have found favor in thy sight, and am but a lad, and all the people hate me; for I am slow of speech; wherefore am I thy servant? 32 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good. 33 Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you. 34 Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me." A little background - Enoch was called by God to preach to some wicked people who rejected anything that had to do with God. It's quite interesting. God doesn't always call his most capable servants, but the one's who can develop capabilities. He promises that if we do what He asks, then He will walk with us. He didn't command him to baptize, but do that which seemeth God good. We don't really know God's purpose of having us struggle to find people, but he only asked us to do what he wants, and that's what we're doing. He's been with us every step of the way and there's no doubt that if you all do what He asks of you all to do right now, that He will be with you too. That's a promise he will always keep!

Anyways, here's some pics and have a good one!

Love,

Æ Taylor Howes

Inline image 1

Inline image 2







No comments:

Post a Comment