Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy November!!!

Hey!

It's November! Where did all of the time go?? It's almost Christmas and it'll be almost time to Skype home! That's weird! :) But I'm stoked for the Christmas season! (Yeah yeah it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but I'm ready!)

This week, not too much happened. We got burned on a ton of appointments and that was a bummer. I don't know whats going on with our investigators but it's confusing me! We had the Zone Leaders down here on Thursday and we just contacted around the city all day and got a bunch of potential investigators and referrals. We still have some potentials we need to follow up with, but our potentials are keeping us busy so that's pretty good. I hope a few of them will shift into investigators. That'd be nice! :) We did a bunch of service this week too... We helped a random guy move out from the 6th floor of a building into the second floor of a different building. That was a workout... I was pretty sore. Washing machines are heavy! We also did some painting and cleaning for people this week, so that was pretty fun too. It was a pretty good week though!

We tried getting Elder Hager a bike from a place on the other side of Randers this week. We get there and see the that place relocated and opened the next day.. So that was a big ole waste of time. But we used our lunch hour at McDonalds so we made ourselves happy after the unfortunality(I think that's a word).

We had Halloween this week. I wish we went knocking, but the Danes don't really celebrate Halloween. Some do, some don't... It's weird! But we celebrated by wearing orange ties! :)

Anyways, this week I found a good scripture! It's in 2 Nephi 26: 23-25. It says, "23 For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness. 24 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation. 25 Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price." I like this because it says the Lord will never forsake us. He's not the author of darkness. He won't let us fail. He doesn't restrict us from happiness. He does, however, reach out his arm and tell us that he will give us all that he has. All he asks is that we come unto Him. I've felt sometimes that I've been forsaken. I ask myself, "Why does this happen to me?" Instead of doing that, reach out to the Savior. You'll see the difference, I promise. 😁

Anyways, I hope you all have a great week! Stay warm and enjoy the season! :)

Med Kærlig Hilsen,

Ældste Taylor Howes

PS. That's our pathetic Halloween pic and a beautiful cemetary! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment