Monday, November 9, 2015

2 Nephi 33:10-13

Hello!

It's been a pretty good week! We spent a lot of time on splits with the missionaries in Silkeborg and Skive. On Wednesday, Silkeborg was with us and on Thursday, all the missionaries in our district went to Skive and helped them find investigators. It went pretty well and it was awesome to be together for a day or so. We had a lot of fun! 

The weather hasn't been too bad! It's been pretty windy and brisk, but I haven't shivered quite yet! :) It gets dark pretty early though!! 

On Saturday, I was pretty sick with a bad cold and Sister O'Bryant made us stay inside. We still went out for a lesson, but she doesn't know that! :) So keep that on the down low haha. 

We had 5 investigator lessons this week, 3 with a new investigator we found named Kevin! He's a good guy and wants to be baptized, but we had those 3 lessons and I guess he wanted to stop taking lessons for whatever reason. He's friends with a family who are members of the church, so hopefully they'll be there to push him through it. Our other investigators are doing okay, they just don't want to commit themselves to anything. We've only been promising them blessing but they don't want to do anything to receive those blessings and the comfort that comes from the gospel. Hopefully they can come through soon! :)

I've got a spiritual thought this week! I've been focusing on Elder Bednar's talk about a prophet's last words or last testimony in General Conference. I read Nephi's last testimony and he testifies of the Book of Mormon. It's in 2 Nephi 33: 10-13. It says, " 10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good. 11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness. 12 And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day. 13 And now, my beloved brethren, all those who are of the house of Israel, and all ye ends of the earth, I speak unto you as the voice of one crying from the dust: Farewell until that great day shall come." He says if we believe in Christ, we will receive a testimony that the Book of Mormon is his words. It's pretty straightforward and I can't exactly expound upon it anymore than Nephi already stated, but those are inspired words! :) Even better, it's true! :)

I hope you all have a great week! I saw an IB school this week in Viborg! I'll attach a pic of the sign! I love you all! 

MKH,

Ældste Taylor Howes


No comments:

Post a Comment