Monday, October 26, 2015

Christus Statue!

Goddag!!!! 

Hey! Another P-day! This week was pretty good! I spent Monday through Wednesday in Copenhagen! I really LOVE Copenhagen. It's so fun there. It's so beautiful and stuff. I loved it. I got a picture with THE Kristus statue. That a lot of people have in their homes. I'll attach a picture of that and the church it's in! :) 

On Wednesday, I received my trainee and next companion for 12 weeks! His name is Ældste Hager! He's pretty awesome. He's from St. George, Utah and was a swimmer, lifeguard and played water polo. So he really likes water like me! He's a fun guy. We're getting along pretty well! He's got okay Danish for a trainee. It'll come though. We've been doing a lot of finding since he has been here. It's been going pretty well! He and I found 1 new investigator this week, so that was good! We're pretty happy about that! :) 

Other than that, well, not too much really happened. It's already Daylight Earnings or whatever so we got 9 hours of sleep on Sunday! I was super happy about that. But I'm not too happy about darkness at 4:30pm..... I'll get used to it though!! 

This week, I read a little bit more in 1 Nephi 17 and really focused on soaking up that chapter. It's gotta be one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. Nephi was commanded to build a ship, but he'd never built one before. He was to build it after the way God would show him. Of course, Laman and Lamuel made fun of him and tried killing him. Yeah, not any fun. Anyways, in verse 50-51, it reads, "50 And I said unto them: If God had commanded me to do all things I could do them. If he should command me that I should say unto this water, be thou earth, it should be earth; and if I should say it, it would be done. 51 And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miracles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship?" It was a good one to read, especially  because of it's truthfullness. The Lord commands us to do a bunch of things, like follow the Word of Wisdom, serve a mission, etc. We may not know how it could be possible, but He will prepare a way. This could also be related to our trials and struggles. He always prepares the way for us and instructs us if we are humble enough to listen to him and follow his counsel. It takes some humbling, trust me, but He will ALWAYS help us if we just do what he asks. I promise that! I've seen it! 

Anyways, I love you all and miss each and every one of you! :) 

Love, 

Ældste Taylor Howes


                                                      Christus Statue in Copenhagen

                                          Elder Howes and his new companion Elder Hager!

No comments:

Post a Comment