Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fifth and Final Week in the MTC

Hej!

This is my last week in the MTC so next time I email I will be doing it from Denmark! Kinda scary that I have no idea where, but I'm ready to get out of here! I have learned so much here and I'm feeling good about Danish, until of course I get there!

This week went well. On Sunday we heard from this Stake President who played BYU football in the 80s and played in the NFL a little bit I think. I think his name was Nai or Sai or something. He's from New Jersey. He gave a talk on how to be natural and comfortable about talking about the church with others. It was good to hear because I hate talking about religion with people so maybe now I have the motivation to hit up everyone in Salt Lake, Dallas, London and of course Denmark. (That's my flight route.)

On Monday I got to host the Senior Missionaries who were incoming. So that was fun. Our leader guy who was a volunteer was like 50 or so, came up to me after we were finished and said, "Hey, can you stay behind for a minute, I've got a special task for you today." So I was like "Uhh, okay." Then he goes, "I don't know why, but I've been strongly prompted that I need to talk with you about something. I have a son, who is 18, that feels like he has no testimony and doesn't believe there's a God out there. He says he prays, but gets no answers. He's hopeless. I've tried talking to him about serving a mission, and he told me, 'Why would I serve for something I have no faith in.' He says he wants to believe in God and have faith in him, but he can't, no matter what he does. He's a good kid and strives his best in everything he does. Last night, my wife had a dream that he was called to serve in the Charlotte, NC mission. When you told me you're from Charlotte, I was hit with a brick that you are the answer to my wife, my son and my own prayers to help him. I know for a fact you can help him. And after praying for months, you're the only answer and I know you're the right answer." So he gave me his email to email him a message. So I did that.

So that was super cool. I hope I at least helped! That'd be a bit disappointing if I ended up not helping. But hey, if he knows that's the answer, I know God will guide me to say what I need to say!!

So that leads me to where I am today. I'm super excited to call on Monday! I got 3 chances too! :) So I'm looking forward to talking to you all several thousand miles across the Atlantic in Scandinavia! I love you all!

Kærlighed,

Ældste Taylor Howes 

No comments:

Post a Comment