Monday, March 14, 2016

One year from home!

Hello!

This is weird! One year from today, I will be headed home! I'm not trunky, but it's a nice hump to be over! I haven't been out a full year yet, but this milestone came quicker, therefore better! Woohoo! The weather this week was same old same old, but it's been getting slightly warmer. It's stayed realtively dry, so we've been pumped for that. 

This week has been great! I think the biggest highlight of it was our Zone Conference. We were over in Århus for Zone Conference, so it took us about 2.5 hours to get there or so. The conference was great. It was great to see old companions, old missionary friends and what not. It's always a big party. Our mission president along with the mission leaders have come up with some great plans to improve the mission, because in recent years the numbers haven't been terribly high...but they're rising back up! There's a tiny peak! :) The plans include some inspired ideas with Family History, contacting methods, teaching methods, you name it. We've tried the ideas out a little bit and they've been bringing some fruits! It's only grapes right now, but soon I'm sure it'll be watermelons! ;)

We still have two investigators on baptismal date and they're both progressing well. They're having a rough time coming to church for different reasons, but we're hoping to get one of them up to Århus with us for Stake Conference. That'll be great for them both, but I think only one of them will have the opportunity to come. 

This week, I finished the Book of Mormon again and I came across an interesting scripture in the last chapters of the book. In Moroni 8:8, it talks about Jesus Christ. It says, "Listen to the words of Christ, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Behold, I came into the world not to call the righteous but sinners to repentance; the whole need no physician, but they that are sick;" Sit and ponder about that one. Jesus Christ didn't come for the saints. That's not necessary. The church isn't for the saints. It's for the sinners. We're all sinners, therefore, the church is for everyone and Jesus Christ is available to everyone. I hope we can all think about this gift around the upcoming Easter season and think about what Christ has done for you, and what you can do better to become more like him. He'll help us every step of the way. I promise you. I've seen it. Use Christ's Atonement. It was a sacrifice he made for you specifically! Be thankful for Jesus Christ and love him for what he's done! 

I love you all, and I'm thankful for each and everyone of you!

Hav det godt!

Ældste Taylor Howes

PS: Zone Conference pics

No comments:

Post a Comment