Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy Easter!

​God Påske!

It's technically still Easter here in Denmark. They celebrate it from Thursday to Monday. Everybody is off of work, stores are shut down and people are out of town! Interesting way to celebrate Easter, but it should be celebrated this way! Jesus Christ was ressurrected! That's huge! 

Anyways, it's been a pretty good week. I was upset to hear about the bombings over in Belgium. I've heard it's such a peaceful place and it's unfortunate to hear that something like that has happened there. I was pretty bummed to hear about the 4 injured missionaries in that mission. Denmark and our mission has taken precautionary measures, so we should stay safe, but someone needs to put and end to it. I listened to the interview from the mission president in Belgium and I like his testimony and statement at the end where he send, "This that we are preaching is the solution to all the confusion and conflict going on in the world." I hope you all are praying for the recovery of those people and missionaries in Belgium! 

This week, we did quite a bit of finding and teaching. We taught about 17 lessons in total, which I think is our high in the companionship and my high in my mission. So the progress has been going forward. We only have two on baptismal date as of now, but I'm sure that will go up after this week. We had some great first lessons this week, so we're hoping and praying that someone will accept the invitation to eternal life and happiness! 

The weather has been getting a little bit better. Not as much rain and a little more sunshine. We just had Daylight Savings so the sun shines as long as we're outside, making things a little more fun! :) Denmark is getting happier, prettier and more enjoyable! :)

This week, I was reminded of a scripture in regards to the troubles with ISIS. I think about why all this stuff happens and when it will end, but I like this scripture about Jesus Christ (and it being Easter and stuff) in John 14. It says, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Jesus Christ is the author of peace and God is not the author of confusion. I hope we can turn to Jesus Christ for comfort and he will give us peace. Jesus Christ is the solution to worldly problems. Don't be afraid or troubled, just turn to Jesus Christ.. 😀

Anyways, I got some pics this week. I'll attach those. I love you all! Enjoy the springtime! :)

MKH, 

Ældste Taylor Howes





No comments:

Post a Comment