Monday, March 28, 2016

1 Year Out!

Hey!

Well, two weeks ago I hit the 1 year to go mark, then on the 25th I will be hitting the 1 year of being a missionary mark! CRAZY how time flies! But, the weather is finally poking at spring weather. I can get by with a light jacket for about 3 hours, but then when the clock hits 4pm, I have to switch to my huge jacket and a scarf...But progress is being made! I can't wait to go without a jacket...I'm tired of wearing them! Although I would still much rather be dealing with Denmarks cold than for example Brazil's scorch..... :)

This week went pretty well though. Nothing really too new happened. Two weeks ago, we got a phone call from a lady who saw us on the TV interview that wanted to be baptized. We made the appointment for this past week, so we went down and visited her. She lives literally 2 hours away (now you have an idea of how big the Danish mission's areas are), so that was an exciting travel by train and bus. She loves to talk and she's hard to stop, so she's hard to teach, but still wants baptized. We have an appointment for this week, but a member will be taking us, so hopefully that'll calm the situation a bit. So we'll see where that one goes! But our 3 other people on baptismal date are doing well, but the baptism date keeps moving for them, so we'll see. They'll get baptized, it's all a matter of when... 

We also had splits this week with the Elders in Sønderborg, like 20 minutes from the German border, so it was fun to be down there. They've been working with a lot of refugees lately, so we played a little bit of soccer to expose them to the gospel. We tried teaching them how to play the real, American football, but they understood it as a modified Ultimate Frisbee... Well. We tried! But we had a good time on splits. I got some gnarly pics, I'll share those at the end of the email!

I think that was really all the fun and exciting news this week. Nothing too exciting and new popped up. I began the Book of Mormon again, because it's a great book, and I came across a couple sweet verses. It's 1 Nephi 8:10-12. It says, "10 And it came to pass that I beheld a tree, whose fruit was desirable to make one happy. 11 And it came to pass that I did go forth and partake of the fruit thereof; and I beheld that it was most sweet, above all that I ever before tasted. Yea, and I beheld that the fruit thereof was white, to exceed all the whiteness that I had ever seen.12 And as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit." This is Lehi's vision of the Tree of Life. The tree of life is a symbol for the gospel and the eternal happiness that it brings. The gospel truly does bring exceedingly great joy. The gospel is the fruit of my life and continues to fill my soul each and everyday. After being out for a year, I've learned one thing. This happiness and joy the gospel brings is my motivation to continue to share this gospel each and everyday. I know this is the Lord's church and it is the true and everlasting gospel. All who will partake of the gospel will find the same thing. :)

I love you all! Thanks for being a good support after a year! I miss you all!!

Med Kærlig Hilsen, 

Ældste Taylor Howes

PS:The District, Beach and a sweet graffitied tunnel in Sønderborg!


No comments:

Post a Comment