Monday, October 12, 2015

12.10.2015

Hejsa! 

I hope it's been a good week for everyone! This week was alright for me! There's a few highlights that I'll talk about later! Anyways, first things first, it's COLD. It feels like Thanksgiving outside. No fun! But I'm staying warm so that's good! 

This week we were burned on several appointments that had good potential so that was a bummer. We'll see if we can't set those back up again! We found a couple new investigators this week so that was a positive, but no one is really progressing which is unfortunate! But with time, it'll come. I'm not too worried about it. It's been pretty difficult lately considering we haven't seen much progress in the span of 6 weeks. We've been working our tails off but just nothing has been coming through. But, it was never meant to be easy! :) We're doing well though!

This week, our district came to Randers to contact people and try and help us out. It didn't really work out but that's besides the fact, but that night, we got some peppers called the Naga peppers. I don't really know what that is but I knew it was really hot because it had a warning label on it. Anyways, we made that into a challenge, which was whoever can eat the pepper wins the challenge. Well, I didn't want to do it, nor did I want to be labeled as a chicken, so I did it. It was hot. Others, well, they didn't hold it down so well and were squirming all through the night. It was pretty funny but I will NEVER do that again. 

Just Saturday night, I was in the hospital. My companion ate it going full speed on his bike and landed on his wrist wrong. HIs wrist wasn't bending the right ways and couldn't move his fingers so we decided it was best to take him to the hospital. We were there about 4 hours or so. Turns out he fractured his Radius or something like that. HIs bike needs work too. It was a pretty violent crash! 

Weirdly enough, on our walk back from the hospital, I had a spiritual experience. It was late and pretty dark so we wanted to get home ASAP. We took a path through the woods to the hospital, but on the way back, we went into the woods and couldn't see a thing. We considered turning around and taking a different way but we remembered that we have a flash light app on our phone so we used that and were able to make it through back to the streetlights again. After we made it through, I remembered a scripture that went around the lines of a forest. It's 1 Nephi 17:13. "13 And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led." It made me think that when we are in hard times of trial, in a dark place in our life, whatever it may be, God will always be our light. He only asks that we do what he asks us to do. It's pretty simple. He wants to give us his blessings but will only do it when we ask for them and do what he asks to receive them. It was a weird spiritual experience and it occurred at a weird time, but it was something I needed to hear and it was something that can be applied in all aspects of my life. And everyone else's too. Anyways I really liked it, I hope you all do too!

I love you all and I hope you all have great weeks! 

Med Kærlig Hilsen, 

Ældste Taylor Howes

PS: Sorry I have no pics...I'll do better next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment