Monday, October 19, 2015

#CheckIt

Hello!

It's been a pretty good week. It's been getting pretty cold but it's been weird. The thick humidity makes the cold undescribable. It's like hot but freezing. It doesn't make sense! It hasn't been too bad though! This week was my last week with Elder NIelsen. He got transferred to an Island beneath Sweden called Bornholm. He's pretty excited. It's kinda rare to go there. It's been a great 7 weeks with him though. We did a TON of work and just tore the area up. Hopefully my next companion and I will continue to do so!

We had a Zone Training on Thursday and I found out that I'll be training a brand new missionary! I'm pretty excited. It's going to be fun! It's weird to be on the other side of the wall. I know exactly what my next companion will be going through, but I'll be able to help which is good! On Thursday we also had a zone activity. We kinda just screwed around. We had a ping pong tournament, grilled, and carved pumpkins and stuff. We just had a good time and screwed around. We had interviews with the mission president on Thursday so we did that to pass the time!

On Saturday, we were down in Silkeborg for splits. It was pretty fun. We basically hopped from appointment to appointment.

We've been having little success but we finally found someone who is truly interested and wants to change. His name is Henrik and he's had a pretty hard life and wants to stop drinking, smoking, etc and we didn't even tell him it was a commandment. He's pretty positive and willing to meet multiple times within the week. He's our best investigator and we should be inviting him to baptism next week. We'll see how that goes but he really wants to know the church is actually true. He's met with tons of churches but nothing stuck out to him more than our church. So I'm pretty excited and happy for him!

In the meantime...we had 8 eating appointments. It was awesome but I fluctuated between 8 pounds this week... It was great!

This week, I felt like I should start the Book of Mormon again and stop reading the Doctrine and Covenants. D&C was good, but I just wasn't pulling much from it for me. So, I read in 1 Nephi 3. I'm not going to paste the scripture in here because what I found was within the whole chapter but I invite you all to read that chapter. It talks about how Nephi and his brothers were sent by their father Lehi to go and get the important plates from Laban. They went the first time, but that was to no avail. They went back again with a ton of pricey possessions. Those were stolen and the attempt didn't work. They were almost killed on both tries. Nephi's brothers chickened out to go back but Nephi stepped up in his large stature and said ''I'm going back.'' So he did. He found Laban drunk, grabbed his clothes, went into the treasury, got the plates and ended up saving Laban's guard and invited him to come along on the trip so he wouldn't be destroyed in Jerusalem. He ended up going with Nephi. I thought about that and realized that everything usually takes one or more try in order to accomplish. It was a good lesson to me because life is all about trial and error. Whether if it's with sin or anything that needs to get done, we fail multiple times, but that gets us closer to accomplishing. We learn from the mistakes and try to do better the next time. Eventually we make it there even if it's hard. But when you look back on your accomplishment, you realize that your much stronger and better than you were before. That's the purpose of our lives. To keep progressing! I hope you all read that chapter and learn something too. :)

I love you all and I hope you have a good week!!

Med Kærlig Hilsen,

Ældste Taylor Howes

PS: #CheckIt



No comments:

Post a Comment