Monday, January 30, 2017

Last email of 2016!

Happy New Year!

I guess this is my last email of 2016. WOAH. Kinda weird to think about. But Christmas was great! It was good to talk to you all. It was a good way to spend my last Christmas in Denmark. We were with a cool family in the ward for Christmas and another cool family for Christmas Eve. The more exciting Christmas day for Danes is Christmas Eve. That's when we eat the biggest meal and open presents and what not. I prefer opening presents on Christmas morning. More excitement that way! But, it was still pretty fun. :) 

Anyways, this week was spent Christmas-ing. Due to safety reasons, the 24th and 25th were non-proselyting days as advised by the Church. Apparently there were a bunch of terrorist threats and what not. I'm safe! But anyways, we had a couple lessons with some less active members. Those went pretty well! We have an investigator on baptismal date, so that's good too. We're hoping to find success in the coming week. It's been a ton of fun. 

We'll be doing quite a bit of training this coming week in the districts in the zone. It'll be fun going back to Esbjerg, an old area of mine for that. I look forward to it. 

Oh yeah! We had a Christmas Zone Conference this week. That was also pretty cool. I saw a lot of old companions. I got a picture with some of my favorites (not all). In other news, our Christmas packages got stolen out of the van. Someone broke the window and jacked about half of the mission's packages. Unfortanately, I was a victim. That was a shear bummer. So, the Grinch stole Christmas! We also watched Finding Dory during the conference, so it was nice to sit back and relax and watch a movie. A lot of the snacks were stolen though, so that was also a bummer. Some burglar really hit the jackpot! Oh well. 

That's about all for this week. It's been a lot of fun. It was good to end the year with a good Christmas in a good ward! It'll be a good area. :) 

I hope you all have a happy new year! I love and miss you all tons! 

Love, 

Æ. Taylor Howes

PS: I got some pics attached from Bornholm and Christmas this week. :)

Some companions at Zone Conference.
Christmas Day

Inline image 1

Companion and Christmas haha
Inline image 2

More Christmas
Inline image 3

The Halls on Bornholm
Inline image 4

Christmas on Bornholm
Inline image 5


No comments:

Post a Comment