Monday, January 30, 2017

Baptism & Confirmation!

Hey!

Wow! What a week it has been! Henriette was baptized and confirmed this week and there were several big changes announced to the worldwide Missionary Program. We've been pretty busy lately!

To start! Henriette...wow! That was incredible. She had her baptismal service this past Saturday and that went really well. I gave a talk on baptism, the Holy Ghost and enduring to the end. It went pretty well! Henriette asked me to confirm her and give her the Holy Ghost, so of course I was happy to do that. It was pretty nerve-racking. There were two future missionaries who had their farewell's this week, so people from all over Denmark came to say goodbye. There had to have been over 200 in attendance, so I wasn't used to that. The bottom line is that Henriette is baptized, confirmed and a happy lady! :) 

Elder Olson and I traveled to Copenhagen this week for Missionary Leadership Council. That was really fun. We discussed the new changes to missionary service and what not. We have a longer P-day and I guess "more agency" in our daily schedule. I think it'll be good change, but it'll be tough to get used to, considering I've been on the old schedule for two years! We'll see! :P 

We've been focusing a lot on working with younger people, so we've spent some time knocking on college dorm buildings. They're not quite the same thing, but yeah, same concept, but that's been going really well. They tend to be more open and it's nice talking to people the same age as you as well, so it's been nice and we've found a lot of success from it! 

I taught guest class this week and in preparation, I came across this scripture in Alma 5. It's Alma, the High Priests' words taught to his people all over the place. It says in verse 26, "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" Those who have been converted to the Gospel, or those who have gained a testimony in some sort of Gospel topic, have felt something. They've felt a change of heart. After time, sometimes we lose that feeling we once had and we don't feel the same. Sometimes we can't remember it. Ask yourself, can you felt that change of heart right now? I've answered no to that question a few times. It's not bad to answer no, but it just means you have to do something about that. Read Alma 5 if that happens. Alma will tell you what to do. :) It's important we hold onto those feelings. That's what roots our testimonies. If the foundation slips, your house slips too. Don't let the foundation slip! :) 

I love and miss you all tons! 

MKH, 

Æ. Taylor Howes

District Pic (the bros (elders) in the district last transfer)
Inline image 1

After the baptism
Inline image 2

Missionary Farewell (that's my back side to the left)
Inline image 3

No comments:

Post a Comment