Monday, August 24, 2015

Hej med jer! 

It's been a pretty good week! I can't complain too much! The only thing I can complain about is that we didn't get iPad or Facebook approval from the Mission Conference that we had! I guess the European Union has some restrictions on the Area Book function of the iPad for missionaries, so it's on hold for parts of Europe. Dang it! That's okay! We heard a bunch of good words from the Elder Dyches from the Seventy who spoke to us, so that was good!

Let's see, so on Tuesday, we met with Aram, who has a baptismal date for 19.09.2015, so we're really happy about that! We taught him some commandments and is way excited to continue to learn more about the gospel. He's super excited for his baptismal date. He tells us every time in his bad English that he's super thankful and excited for it! So we're really happy to hear that every single time! 

On Wednesday, we had our Mission Conference and we heard from our Mission President and his wife, Elder Dyches and his wife, and President Barenskov, our Stake President. We got a lot of inspiring ideas and words from their talks, and it was centered mostly on being loving and charitable. It had some other ideas and topics that were important, but that stuck out to me the most! :)

This coming week, we have something called mini mission! Which is where we receive a young man or two from the stake we are in and we get to show him how missionary work is, so it'll inspire them to serve a mission! It sounds pretty fun! I hope we can make it a good experience for him to say the least! That's for Friday and Saturday! We are stoked for it!

I got some pretty sweet pictures this week too! So I'll show those off at the end! 

My message this week comes from Ether 12:4. It says, "4 Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." Some people wonder why bad things always happen in our world and where God has been during wars, contentions and so forth. Luckily, God gave us the fullness of the gospel, that if we have act upon the teachings and doctrines of the gospel (good works), then our world will become a better place. That's why it's so important we have missionaries around the world. We want to bring unto others peace, happiness and salvation, that way, one by one, the world will be a bit better of a place if we continue to act upon the teachings of the gospel. I've seen what it's done for me, and I know what it can do to the world if the act upon what God teaches us to do. That's my message and I know it's true! :) 

Anyways, I love you all! I miss you all and everyone of you all are awesome! :) 

MKH, 

Ældste Taylor Howes

No comments:

Post a Comment