Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy Birthday Taylor!

Hello!

This week was pretty great! We had to get rid of the tripanionship on Wednesday, so that was a bummer because it was great! Now it's just Elder Halversen and me! But that's even better because it's ordained of God :)! (to preach two by two)

Not too much new happened this week! But the weather has been great and beautiful! Thank you all for the birthday wishes too! :) I really appreciated them!

This week, however, we were able to set a baptismal date with Aram, our investigator WHO is a refugee from Iran! It's set for the 19th of September, so we look forward to that! He's a great guy and making tons of Progress! He's pretty excited too!

We had the opportunity to go on a Copenhagen tour on Saturday. It was given to us by an investigator that we have! We spent most of the day doing that and we were extremely fortunate what we got to see! We got a boat tour, saw tons of sites and went atop the highest Building in Copenhagen! So I got a Picture of that as well. I'll attach a couple pics from that. We also got to see the World famous, Little Mermaid statue. It's Little too... So I enjoyed my birthday in Copenhagen! That was awesome! :)

We also have two more investigators, Pernille and Mykel. We got Mykel to pray for the first time in a few decades or so and it was a truly special experience. He said a fantastic prayer and the spirit was incredibly strong too. He noticed it as well! 
 
I wish I had more to say, but this week can't exactly be summed up into words. I wish I could! I wish you could all see what happens in this country as missionaries. It's something special and something I really love to see. I love this country and the people here. They're way different from Americans, but they're great. I love them!

Anyways, I'll share something really quick that I like. It's in 3rd Nephi 12: 44-45, "44 But behold I say unto you, love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father who is in heaven; for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good." I like this because God gives Blessings to those who are both good and evil, as he makes the sun rise to them. He truly loves them, and will continue to bless them. We should also follow that example because we don't know what these people are going through. But all we can do is serve them, be kind to them and pray for them. You will develop a love for them, and maybe even they will do the same likewise. The Lord counsels us to do that because there is wisdom in it and we will receive Blessings if we do it ourselves!

I love you all and hope you all have a great week!

Ældste Taylor Howes

PS. That's the Little Mermaid Statue...Sheild your eyes though!


Elder Howes and his new companion Elder Halversen

The Little Mermaid


Elder Howes' new companion Elder Halversen

No comments:

Post a Comment