Monday, August 15, 2016

Back to Work!

Hey Everyone!

Well, I'm finally back to work! It's rough but awesome jumping back into things. I haven't been so exhausted in my life! But, we had some good things happen this week. Because we were out all week the week before, we had almost nothing planned this week but to find. So that's what we decided to do. As usual, we had some pretty good conversations and got a couple potential investigators, and one new investigator, so it went pretty well. We just have to find someone who actually wants to make an effort to progress towards baptism. I sadly have not seen that in quite awhile, so hopefully we can find someone this week or the near future, but it's coming along! 

This week, I was able to celebrate my birthday! I spent it with a member and I had some other members give me some gifts, including a Denmark Olympic shirt! I got a pic of it, I'll attach it into the email. Elder Fairbanks has been a really good companion. We've been getting along really well and we've had a lot of fun out knocking doors. OH! STORY!

This week, we were knocking doors, and we knocked on this door of a house. It was my companion's turn to take the lead, so he says his thing, then the 80 year old man with a walker screams, "GET OUT!" Then my companion starts running away, then I play it cool and chill there and ask him what's wrong. I tend to do this because I'm truly curious as to why people hate me when they've never talked to me before. Anyways, he then ditches his walker, approaches me, curses at me and tells me to get out again. I'm just sitting there asking what's wrong. He says, "This is my property, and I asked you to leave." Then he an 80 year old man slugs me in the shoulder with all his might and I just took a step back and took an inch closer to him and said, "Well, you have a nice day." It didn't hurt obviously. It may sound like I tried to provoke him, but trust me, I didn't haha he was just really mad. My mission president kinda taught us not to run away at that moment either, so I had fun and did what I'm asked! It made for a good story. 

Well, anyways, that's my week. :) Keep holding to the iron rod and I can't wait to talk next week! I love and miss you all!

MKH, 

Æ. Taylor Howes




No comments:

Post a Comment