Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Happy May!!!

Hey!

This has been a pretty uneventful week. But hey! The sun is shining today and it's 60 degrees or somewhere around there. Some of you might say that's cold, but it's the warmest it's been all year and it might not get much warmer! It's been a pretty rainy week, so I'm glad that the weather let up for a day! 

Let's see.. Well.. I spent all day inside on Tuesday because I came down with some nasty cold. I worked the rest of the week, but lost my voice while I was on splits with the Elders in Amager (East Copenhagen), so I couldn't really do much missionary work myself, but I was still out doing it while my companion did all the talking! Poor kid, but he muscled through it with a smile. We found some potentials this week and taught a couple street/door lessons, but nothing has progressed too much. We're working on it though...... It's a tough area! 

Ummm.. well, I gotta give a shoutout to my sister getting married this week! Holla! Happy marriage! And this week is Mother's Day! I love you mommy! Pretty exciting week! I'm excited to skype on Sunday :D! It feels like just yesterday that I last skyped! Time flies when you're having fun!

I found a couple good scriptures this week, as usual! It's in 2nd Nephi 26:23-24;33. It says, "For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness. He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him...for he doeth that which is good among the children of men; and he doeth nothing save it be plain unto the children of men; and he inviteth them all to come unto him and partake of his goodness; and he denieth none that come unto him, black and white, bond and free, male and female; and he remembereth the heathen; and all are alike unto God, both Jew and Gentile." I like this because it tells us that God will never forsake us. He only brings good. He doesn't cause confusion. He isn't just letting bad things happen. His goodness and glory is available to all those who seek it. EVERYONE. Don't get mad at God for what's happening. He wants the same thing you do...peace. He'll give it to you, just ask Him. Don't work in darkness, but dwell in His light. :)

I hope you all have a good week and give your mommas a big hug! :)

Love, 

Ældste Taylor Howes

Sorry I don't have pictures.... ):

No comments:

Post a Comment