Tuesday, June 28, 2016

20.06.2016

Hey!

It's been a pretty good week. Things are going better here! The weather has been pretty mild and breezy. It's been jacket weather. Rain jacket weather. It was dumping rain this week, but luckily I was inside at President O'Bryant's house for 3 days for the new missionaries 30 day training. I can't complain! :)

This week, I got to go to the temple! I also went like 3 weeks ago, but I didn't mention it. I love going to the temple though. This time, I took a family name. It was actually a name of a guy who lived in Iredell County, NC like 300 years ago. So I thought it would be fit to take him with me to the Denmark temple. It was pretty special! 

We did a quite a bit of finding this week too.. We actually found some more families! One of the families we found a couple weeks ago finally made it to church! It was a wife and 4 kids. They fit right in and they were well received by the members! The family had an INCREDIBLE time at the church and the kids LOVED it. We should be setting a baptismal date goal with them this week, and I'm sure they'll accept it too! They really felt something special at church and it opened their eyes. 

Anyways, I've learned a lot this past month, and I found some scriptures that really opened my eyes, so I hope they open yours too. It's in D&C 58:4 "For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand." Then in Mosiah 23:21-22, "Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith. Nevertheless—whosoever putteth his trust in him the same shall be lifted up at the last day. Yea, and thus it was with this people." We may be struggling with something and no matter how hard, how often or how sincere we pray, our situations may not be changed, our burdens may not be lightened. It's important to remember the Lord's time is NOT our time. The Lord will free us from our challenges and rough situtations in his own time. It's our job to be patient and just ride the situation like you're riding and angry bull. It won't be fun, and we'll fall many times, but the lesson the Lord wants us to learn is that we don't learn and grow in our good times where we have things easy in our lives, but we learn when we're having a rough time. Even though it's hard, we should look to see what we can do ourselves to learn and grow, and the Lord will do the rest and completely remove you from the situation in his own due time. I myself am still learning, but just ride the bull and hope for the best! :)

Hey, all is well! I hope all is well with everyone wherever you are! I love and miss you tons! 

MKH, 

Æ. Taylor Howes

No comments:

Post a Comment