Monday, September 28, 2015

Starting over with Family History

Goddag!

It's been a pretty good week. Some pretty exciting things are happening in Den Danske Mission! We had a Zone Conference on Wednesday and we will be putting a majority of our missionary focus on Family History. In President O'Bryant's words, "Why should we be doing the same thing we have been doing for the past 200 years? Everyone hears the same thing over and over!" Pretty wise statement actually. That's one of the biggest changes happening to the mission, along with other smaller things. I'm pretty excited for the change. What we have been doing has resulted in little success, and even if those people we give our Geneology services too don't accept the gospel, we will still be helping them, so that's the most important part. 

This week, however, we found 2 new investigators! Our hard work is finally paying off. But I have to say, it's hard work and it's been wearing me out! But if I'm not worn out, I'm not doing it right! I'm really happy to see the area growing a little bit more. It should grow exponentially if we incorporate Family History, but I know absolutely nothing about it right now so I can't use it. ): 

We've been doing a bunch of less-active work this week, along with a bunch of finding. It's been going pretty well. It's kinda fun to get in touch with people who haven't seen the church in a while. They're pretty happy to see us (For the most part)! I enjoy it though. 

I'm really excited for General Conference. Not one, not two, but THREE new apostles of the Lord will be called at one time! That will be awesome! I'm excited to hear about it! I don't know how much I can watch of conference live, but I'll get to see it this week though! It might be crammed into SaturdaySunday and Monday! Too bad I can't watch it in pajamas though! ):

That's about all that's happened this week. It's going forward here, and I'm excited for the changes! I liked a scripture this week in Doctine and Convenants. In Section 75:10-12, it says, "10 Calling on the name of the Lord for the Comforter, which shall teach them all things that are expedient for them—11 Praying always that they faint not; and inasmuch as they do this, I will be with them even unto the end. 12 Behold, this is the will of the Lord your God concerning you. Even so. Amen." Sometimes we think we can do everything on our own. Aquire knowledge, get through school, trials in life, whatever, you name it! But we can't.. We have a gift and that's prayer! God wants to hear from us and wants to bless us. He wants to know we are humble enough to receive the blessings we need. I hope all of you will rely on our Father in heaven because He's done miracles for my hard times in Denmark. I know He can do the same for you all if you call upon his name! 

I hope you all have a great week! I love and miss you all tons! 

MKH!

Ældste Taylor Howes


OH! On Friday I hit my 6 month on my mission mark! That means I burnt a tie! Yay! 


No comments:

Post a Comment