Monday, September 7, 2015

6 month mark!

Hello and happy September!

Today is the mark where I have 1 year and 6 months left! Yay! 1/4 way through! So that's pretty awesome! I'm not counting just yet of course! I still have my whole mission left pretty much! Anyways Randers is going pretty well, the weather is a different story!! It rained literally everyday except yesterday! So it's been a pretty brutal transition! 

This area doesn't have too much going on right now but we have been working on getting this place running. The best investigator avoided the missionaries two weeks ago, so now he's dropped, so we're starting from scratch! It's my second time starting from scratch so that means knocking on doors like there's no tomorrow! So that's what we've been doing. We've knocked about 4 hours or more a day everyday this week and came down with 3 potentials! So we've got a little bit going, but it's still moving forward. We will see where it goes! 

We spent a little bit of time trying to get Elder Nielsen a bike! He hasn't had one for the past 12 weeks so we got him one this week. He got it half off the original price, but the only problem was that there was a reason....The gear wire was completely loose. So now we gotta take that back and get a new one. It wasn't so fun but it's funny when we look back on it....at least for me :)

After district meeting, we went to a kebab place here and I tried the Stor Kebab. It's the biggest kebab in Denmark. Almost impossible to eat. But I slammed the thing and I ate the whole thing! I felt pretty sick afterwards but at least I can say that I did it. I didn't get a picture - maybe next time :)

Let's see, what else.. I'll leave this week with a scripture again. It's in Ether 12:27.  It says: 

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

So I like that because we are all weak...Life isn't easy for any of us. We were given weaknesses so we can become stronger. All we need is that desire and faith that we can become strong. I deal with my weaknesses everyday. Haha and it's never fun and I hate my weaknesses because that means I have struggles! No fun! But I promise if we realize our weaknesses and we rely on our Father in Heaven to help us, and we do all we can do become stronger, we will become stronger. I've seen it and it truly is a miracle every time. I know you all will notice them as miracles too. :)

I love you all and miss you! Have a great week!

MKH,

Ældste Taylor Howes

PS- That's FC Randers, the Soccer team here! and the other is the street I live on, I live in the apartments along the street! Pretty sweet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment