Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween!

πŸ•·πŸ•ΈπŸπŸ‚πŸƒπŸŽƒπŸ’€πŸ‘»[?]
God Halloween! (Happy Halloween...easy, right?)

Welps, it's been a week! I've spent this week all over the place, so I'll give some sort of a run down if I can remember everything.

Let's see! On Tuesday, we went over to Copenhagen for our Zone Conference. Elder Paul Johnson, of the European Area Presidency and First Quorum of the Seventy came to tour the mission. He is an incredible teacher! I guess he used to serve as the leader of the CES system at some point, so he's got to be good! He taught us how to be better teachers. He didn't tell us anything we didn't know before, but he taught it in a much simpler and more different perspective. It was really good. I got popcorned up to the pulpit as President O'Bryant gave his training. He wanted me to give a 2 minute talk about the fall in Denmark. Uhhhh.... yeah well, I had no clue what I was doing so I just rattled off anything running through my mind... Then he told me to stop, then had the zone evaluate it (I got wrecked) and then I tried again. That time, I did better! So, I have officially given a talk in front of a General Authority and it was a bad talk! Got that one off my bucket list. At least President knew I was one that could take the heat and not shrink under pressure. I sat back down and I was pretty much tired after that. That took all the energy out of me. Well worth it though! 

In our drive through Sweden, I finally saw a real grocery store! It's called Willy's! Basically the size of a Lowe's Foods or idk, an American average sized grocery store! First time in two yearsI've seen that. It was a great sight. Apparently all the grocery stores in Denmark are just tiny, because that's the grocery store standard in Sweden. We also ate at Pizza Hut. I've never been to one of those in the states, but those are also not found in Denmark, so we ate there too. Oh, at the grocery store the soda is about half the price of what it is in Denmark, same with the candy, so I got a Mountain Dew, a Fanta and a Reese's Fast Break (also not found in Denmark). So the trip was well worth it! We also took a stroll through IKEA too, so that was fun. 

Oh, in other news, our hot water got infected by something, so they shut that off for our apartment complex area, so we had to take showers at the church. If you've ever thought about showering in the church building's cleaning closet, then you know what I did. I have been doing that for 3 days now. Glorious! 

Anyways, we have a new investigator that's recently gone through a divorce and has two young kids. He's read a little in the Book of Mormon and he considers it scripture comparable to the Bible! So progress has been made there. We have quite a few potential investigators to work with, but nothing really too set and stone.....something has to pull through soon. It'll be harder to work in the dark now that the time has changed over to Daylight whatever. So the sun sets around 4:45pm and Danes finish their days when the sun goes down, so it'll be a challenge finding people who want to give us their time in the dark, but it's all a part of the experience! The area is in great shape and we have a lot to work with, so the time after the sun sets is a perfect time to stop by those who were already found!

I unfortunately only took one picture. I really need to do better with the camera... But, I'll send pictures from the mission's blog as soon as they're put up. I'll take more pics, I promise haha! 

Anyways, have a great week! I love you all!

Love, 

Γ†ldste Taylor Howes

No comments:

Post a Comment