Friday, July 8, 2016

Glædelig Fjerde Juli!

Glædelig Fjerde Juli, Uafhængihedsdag!! (Happy Fourth of July!)

I hope everyone had a great week. I did! I'm not entirely sure what happened this week because it seemed to fly right by. We did have a good week though. It rained quite a bit and that was miserable, but in the meantime, we decided to know some huge beach houses and that actually came down to be pretty positive! The Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons tend not to knock in rich areas because they assume the responses to be no, but when you bring the truth and the spirit, the reality is actually some yes responses. It's not easy, but rewarding. Just because they're rich live great lives as is doesn't mean they shouldn't hear the gospel! :)

We did although teach another lesson with a half American family and the father decided to pray and see if our message and the Book of Mormon is true. We witnessed him pray for the first time in 20 years and it was truly something special! He's pretty positive, but may take a little bit of time, but he's 100% committed to find the church to be true!

In sad news, a Danish branch and area shut down this week because of the lack of members. That's too bad! It was a beautiful area. It's in Silkeborg, Jylland. I spent quite a lot of time over there on splits. I guess the church building is getting sold! Sad to see...

It's Independence day, so there's no better time for a patriotic spiritual thought. I know it's long, but just read it haha. Your idea of the country will change forever. There's a few verses in 2 Nephi 1:4-9. It's some revelation given to Lehi. He said, "4 For, behold, said he, I have seen a vision, in which I know that Jerusalem is destroyed; and had we remained in Jerusalem we should also have perished. 5 But, said he, notwithstanding our afflictions, we have obtained a land of promise, a land which is choice above all other lands; a land which the Lord God hath covenanted with me should be a land for the inheritance of my seed. Yea, the Lord hath covenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also all those who should be led out of other countries by the hand of the Lord. 6 Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord. 7 Wherefore, this land is consecrated unto him whom he shall bring. And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them; wherefore, they shall never be brought down into captivity; if so, it shall be because of iniquity; for if iniquity shall abound cursed shall be the land for their sakes, but unto the righteous it shall be blessed forever. 8 And behold, it is wisdom that this land should be kept as yet from the knowledge of other nations; for behold, many nations would overrun the land, that there would be no place for an inheritance. 9 Wherefore, I, Lehi, have obtained a promise, that inasmuch as those whom the Lord God shall bring out of the land of Jerusalem shall keep his commandments, they shall prosper upon the face of this land; and they shall be kept from all other nations, that they may possess this land unto themselves. And if it so be that they shall keep his commandments they shall be blessed upon the face of this land, and there shall be none to molest them, nor to take away the land of their inheritance; and they shall dwell safely forever." We're absolutely blessed to be a part of a land God promised to his children that left Jerusalem. I've even had some Danes (non-members), that when I have said I'm from the USA, they'd say, "Wow, God's own land!" People already know it, somehow. We're one nation, under God and that won't change unless we do. Make sure we are following the commandments and doing the things we need to to preserve our country, and God will do the rest. If we do so, God promises that no other land will take over our land. Quite powerful! How blessed are we? (Really blessed) :)

Have a great week, I love you all! Watch some fireworks for me!

MKH,
Æ. Taylor Howes

PS: My comp snagged a random pic, but my jacket is red and blue while my shirt is white. #USA


No comments:

Post a Comment