Friday, April 22, 2016

18.04.2016

Hey!

It's about time where I FINALLY get a P-day and can write a detailed email for you all. The adjustment into Tåstrup has been a little difficult. I've just been so busy and things have popped up on P-day and my mind races at 40 miles a minute. Anyways, this area doesn't have as much success as Esbjerg, but, it's going to soon! We have no investigators and really don't work with anyone but less active members, but we've been doing TONS of finding recently. 

This week, we had a zone training in a city called Roskilde! They have a pretty big church building which is pretty uncommon in Denmark, but I hear their ward is pretty big too! Anyways, the zone training focused on powerful finding methods and how we can get investigators progressing towards baptism. I think it was a good training considering it's what the mission needed help with. Hopefully the methods we learned works! The mission as a whole has 20-25 people on baptismal date, so it'd be great if all of those went through! Denmark needs baptisms!

I was also on splits this week in one of the areas in Copenhagen. I loved being there! That area has the airport in it, so all of those who know me really well, knows I love planes, so I stared at planes as I biked around and tried keeping myself focused while contacting in the streets there! That area is great though and the people there are so open to talk about the gospel. We had like 10 10-15 minute conversations with people on the street about the gospel and 5-6 of those were interested in taking the lessons! It was great to see what success happens over there, I just wish it would duplicate in Tåstrup! :) 

Let's see....the ward here is great too! We meet in Frederiksberg in Denmark's nicest church building! The ward is about tied for the biggest ward in Denmark, so that's nice to be apart of. We get 3-4 eating appointments a week so the members really take good care of us here! They're awesome people and there's even young families here too, so that's a plus! :) 

I've been doing great though, that's a little rundown of the area I'm in! The weather has been warming up, but the spring showers have also taken affect, so it's been rainy, semi warm and humid. But that's way better than freezing cold and sleeting rain! 

Since it is spring, I would like to share a thought that changed the world forever! At around this time in the year of 1820, an incredible thing happened. A 14 year old boy, who sought after wisdom to know which church was right for him, experienced something that changed my life. He said, "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!" From this time forward, it shows us the God reaches out to His children on the Earth today and shows that he hears and answers our prayers. From this experience, God called a prophet, and apostles to lead Jesus Christ's church on the Earth today. Jesus Christ's authority to perform miracles, such as healing, is back on the Earth. Christ's authority to lead a church is here and will never be lost. Just because a boy had a humble prayer and sought after the Lord's will. It changed my life, and yours.

I love you all! I hope you all enjoy your week and the spring weather! 

MKH, 

Ældste Taylor Howes

PS, Ammar and I in Esbjerg & then København!



No comments:

Post a Comment