Monday, February 15, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hello! Happy Valentine's Day!

It's been a great week! We've had a lot of success and the weather has been pretty dry, so that's always a great thing! I'm just waiting for it to warm up! It's been pretty funny because we haven't had sunshine in about 2 months, and we had 1 day of sunshine 2 days ago and everyone was SO much nicer to us. That's proof that sunshine brings happiness! 

This week, we had a lot of time to find and we ended up coming down with 11-15 potentials this week. Somewhere around there. We had about 3 a day. We actually set up a few appointments with some of them this week. There are actually 2 different families from Greenland who are really positive, so I'm hoping we find success with them. If any of you are familiar with Greenlandics, they are very genuine, humble and open. So those are all good things when it related to the gospel! We're hoping to have several more on baptismal date this week, and I think it's possible. We have almost a full week with appointments, so it'll be interesting to see what success we find. But the Lord is preparing the ways here in Esbjerg! The fields are white and ready to harvest! 

I've been doing really well though! My companion and I get along really well. I hope he doesn't get transferred this week. I don't enjoy that awkward lingo week with a new companion haha! 

I actually found a scripture this week in 3rd Nephi 18! It's verses 12-14. It's about Jesus's ministry to the Nephites over on the American continent, so the words in the most of 3rd Nephi are words spoken by our Savior. He says, "12 And I give unto you a commandment that ye shall do these things. And if ye shall always do these things blessed are ye, for ye are built upon my rock.13 But whoso among you shall do more or less than these are not built upon my rock, but are built upon a sandy foundation; and when the rain descends, and the floods come, and the winds blow, and beat upon them, they shall fall, and the gates of hell are ready open to receive them. 14 Therefore blessed are ye if ye shall keep my commandments, which the Father hath commanded me that I should give unto you." He was speaking about the Sacrament in this passage, but the words apply to anything. He gave us a commandment that we should follow his example and our Heavenly Father's commandments. He says we should build ourselves upon his rock. He later gives a strong promise to us - when the storms come and beat upon us (temptation, struggles, anything from Satan) and try to tear us down, we will not be torn down because he have a strong foundation and we have the Lord to help us remain standing. I hope we all continue to build ourselves upon the rock of Jesus Christ. I promise that if we do, we will not fall when the storms come. Don't let ourselves fall onto sandy ground. Sand always gets thrown in the wind! 

Anyways, I don't think I have any new pictures...but I'll have some for next week. I love you all and I hope you all have a great week!

MKH, 

Ældste Taylor Howes

No comments:

Post a Comment