Monday, December 21, 2015

4 Days Until Skyping!

Hey! 

I wish you all a Merry Christmas! It feels like last Christmas was just yesterday! But the concept of time on a mission is pretty skewed..maybe some of you feel differently, but I love Christmas! This week has been pretty Christmasy! On Monday we had some snow, but it didn't last very long. Then on Wednesday, our district came to Randers and we sang some Christmas Carols on the townsquare, to investigators and some members. It was pretty fun. I was a little skeptical to sing Christmas songs with 5 dudes in front of whoever would walk by on the most crowded corner of town, but it wound up alright. I wasn't too thrilled to start, but afterwards, it worked pretty well. We got some potentials from it, so it was pretty successful! We did that same thing in Skive the next day, and it worked pretty well again. So that has been semi effective and fun! :) 

On Friday, we were in Århus for Zone Conference, and we had all the missionaries from Jylland and Fyn with us so we could share Christmas together. That was pretty fun! We ate a Christmas dinner for lunch and had some risalamande dessert with that! After, we saw everyone's baby pictures and old family pictures. It was pretty funny. I'm glad mine weren't have as embarrassing as some! Thanks mom and dad! :) Right after that, a return missionary who's Danish showed up as Santa Claus and handed out all the packages our parents and whoever else sent to us! Then, the best part of all, we watched the movie Inside Out! SUPER funny movie haha and super cute. I enjoyed it, and it was good to see a movie as a missionary haha. Well, not good, but you get what I mean. 

We haven't had much time to do too much work in our area, but we had a few investigator lessons and there's not much new with that unfortunately, but the progress is going forward slowly but surely. :) We're still working hard and doing all we can! Hopefully we can have a Christmas miracle this week! I believe it! :) 


Anyways, remember to think of the true meaning of Christmas! I saw an interesting scripture this week. It's in Matthew, 27:46. It says, "46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?." Sometimes, we really do feel like God has forsaken us. Jesus even felt that way. But it was much worse for him. Jesus suffere
d everything. HE even felt like God forsaked (forsook?) him. Him being perfect. It's a good reminder that the Lord knows everything that we go through. And knows exactly how He can help us. Always remember that and be sure to thank him for his sacrifice. It wasn't easy! 

I hope you all have a great week! Jeg ønsker jer alle sammen en glædelig jul og et godt nytår! 

I love you all! 

MKH, 
Ældste Taylor Howes

PS: In other news, I FINALLY got my visa! I'm now legal! 














No comments:

Post a Comment