Monday, December 14, 2015

11 Days until Skyping!

Hello!!

I'm getting all ready for Christmas, I don't know about you all! It's been starting to feel like Christmas season! Only like 11 Days til Christmas aka 11 days to Skype home! I'm pretty excited. It only happens 2 times a year!!

Anyways, this week has been packed. We've been pretty busy! On Tuesday, the Relief Society had a Christmas party and they asked us to wash their dishes, so we said yes, and they promised us some food in return. That was good! Then on Thursday into Friday, we had splits with the Zone Leaders. That was pretty fun. We got some good work done. Our power also went out on Thursday because our chandelier had a short... So we were with some electricians for a good part of the day as the fixed our power... Luckily it was free! :) But that wasn't too fun! Then on Saturday, we had the Branch Christmas party! That was pretty fun and had some good Christmas food too. It was nice to get to know the branch a little bit better too!

We met with some investigators this week to but not too much progress with them.. One progressing investigator is moving to a tiny island in Denmark called Samsø.. Where there are no missionaries nor church buildings... But, that's alright! We'll see if we can't have missionaries sail on a ferry to teach her! But, no new news... We're hoping for some change in our investigators this week. We think it can happen. This week we won't be in Randers too much. We'll be out of it from Thursday - Saturday, but we have a Christmas party with our mission on Friday, so that should be fun! :) I'm really excited. I love coming together with other missionaries.

Anyways, it's been a pretty good week. Hopefully we can get more work going here in Randers! We've been working our tail off but not many people wanna talk! But we're pressing forward anyways! There's a scripture I wanna share though. It's in Mosiah 24: 9-16.

It says, " 9 For Amulon knew Alma, that he had been one of the king’s priests, and that it was he that believed the words of Abinadi and was driven out before the king, and therefore he was wroth with him; for he was subject to king Laman, yet he exercised authority over them, and put tasks upon them, and put task-masters over them.10 And it came to pass that so great were their afflictions that they began to cry mightily to God.11 And Amulon commanded them that they should stop their cries; and he put guards over them to watch them, that whosoever should be found calling upon God should be put to death. 12 And Alma and his people did not raise their voices to the Lord their God, but did pour out their hearts to him; and he did know the thoughts of their hearts.13 And it came to pass that the voice of the Lord came to them in their afflictions, saying: Lift up your heads and be of good comfort, for I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me; and I will covenant with my people and deliver them out of bondage.14 And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions. 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord.16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and their patience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying: Be of good comfort, for on the morrow I will deliver you out of bondage."

It's quite long, but its worth reading. I had an experience yesterday that makes know this is true. Contacting last night was not a walk in the park. Let's just say the people weren't the nicest last night. I didn't get discouraged, but of course I was like, "What the heck?" We had about 10 minutes left before we had to go in for the night and I just prayed in my head that we'd find someone who'd be interested after this brutal day and for the Lord to help me get my spirits up again. I remember walking down the road and seeing a girl smoking and I felt inclined to talk to her, but we took a different road the eventually turns into that road. We eventually got to that road she was on so I turned up the hill and saw her still standing there. Turns up, she was interested and got her number. I could have just went inside, but I knew as soon as I saw her she'd wanna talk. And she did! As long as we're patient, endure and rely on the Lord, he'll free us from our bondage. So do it! :) It works!

Anyways, I love you all! Thanks for all your support! I appreciate it a ton!

Have a great week,
Love,
Taylor

PS: That's Risalamande! Good stuff. The white stuff in the bowl. We got the left overs from the Christmas Party! The other picture is Hobro. Beautiful city!

No comments:

Post a Comment