Monday, June 8, 2015

Sunshine, Pictures & the Last Days

Hello!

This week went pretty well! Nothing really new this week with missionary work. We did A LOT of finding this week, and we thought some of our potential investigators we're going to be good luck.. But most of them ended up saying no anyways. So that was a bummer. One of our potentials was actually Muslim and let us come in...except it was a reverse role...he was trying to convert us to become Muslim. He gave us a Quran and we gave him a Book of Mormon. He tried saying it's the most logical book on Earth but he stopped talking when we said the Book of Mormon was the most true book on Earth. So we said, "If you read the Book of Mormon, we will read the Quran." So he said he would read the Book of Mormon. We might stop by again just to see how his reading is going. That was an interesting experience. I learned a lot about Islam to say the least haha!

On Tuesday, we had our Zone Conference! So that was pretty fun. It was so long and they fed us until we were about to die. President Sederholm and Sister Sederholm gave a Little farewell presentation. They had a PowerPoint video thing of all of the Pictures they took of missionaries in their 3 years of being here. They leave July 1 and the new President arrives on June 30th. It'll be sad to see President and Sister Sederholm leave just because of how passionate they are about all the missionaries and the work here. Anyways, I should get one last opportunity to see them though. They said they'd visit all the areas to say goodbye to everyone before they take off for America again!

Throughout the week, we did some finding in Helsinge, Fredensborg, Gørløse and a Little bit around the Castle. Not too much success there but we will get some eventually! We only got 1 postive potential this week. So we hope that'll end up going well!

Danish has been coming along MUCH better. I can understand really well and I can for the most part have a normal conversation. It's coming along much better! Haha and someone actually complimented my Danish accent so that was thrilling and picked my moods up! :)

The weather this week has been FANTASTIC. About 75 degrees all week, and I finally got to crank out the Shades! I gotta pic too :) So we've been going without sweaters or jackets! It's about time :)

Let's see, what else.. OH! On Saturday we went Down to the church for a baptism! Birkerød baptized a Philippino (however you spell that) 23 year old girl! She is super awesome and basically teaches the guest class every Sunday. She speaks a Little English but almost no Danish. There's a lot of those here haha. But anyways, she's super strong in the gospel and her Family is Mormon in the Philippines. She's now planning on serving a mission in a year too! So that's what she will be working on! She was found only 3 weeks ago so she was a quick one! It's amazing how ready people can be - even in Denmark! :)

On Sunday, we had Stake Conference. Elder Jeffery R. Holland from the Quorom of the Twelve gave a broadcasted talk from a stake center in Scotland. The message was broadcasted to England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and the Faroe Islands. So it was a talk specifically for Northern Europe. And it was BY FAR the most powerful, inspired talk and SO specific to this part of the World. It would also be great for the USA to hear too! Anyways, a quote I really liked, just because it was funny, was this:

"I've attended many youth Question and Answer gatherings, at EFYs, Youth Conferences, Stake Conferences, Missionary Zone Conferences, you name it. I've had missionaries, Deacons, teachers, Priests, Beehives, Laurels, Miamaids and whoever else ask me, 'When are the last days?' Well, I'm not the brightest lightbulb in the chandelier, but the last time I checked the name of our church, it says we are IN the last days."

It was hilarious, but anyways that was what he gave a talk on. And He said, "I don't know when the last DAY is - nobody does - not even the angels in heaven know that!" But he went on to talk about that The Book of Mormon is the mark of the last days that has been fortold in the Bible and the Book of Mormon. He said the Book of Mormon will be around until the very last day when Christ will come. He also witnessed that the Book of Mormon is the most powerful book on Earth and truly provides us with the fullness of the gospel. 

I can't even write how good his talk was. What I wrote doesn't even compare and is quite boring and generic. But anyways, if it comes out on the internet........You need to read it, Watch it, you name it. Do it. The last days are here. The Book of Mormon provides everything you would ever need to receive eternal salvation. Elder Holland closed and said that our Prophet has seen God. And that Jeffery R. Holland himself has seen things that he has been commanded not to reveal. He said, "When I was young, before my calling, I bore witness of Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon and this church. Now, I HAVE witness of Jesus Christ, the Book of Mormon and this Church. Til the last day I live, I will bare this testimony as if it were my last. The last Words anyone will hear utter under my last breath WILL be, "This is God's truth."

Anyway. Super powerful and the spirits even strong just thinking about it right now. Everyone needs to Watch it. Everyone. That's my challenge and message this week! :)

I love you all! Denmark is fantastic and there's nothing better in this World than what I'm doing now!

Love,
Ældste Taylor Howes

The food is basically the typical Danish meal. They're Frickadellers- Ny Danske Kartofler- og Grøntsager. Basically good stuff. And I made that myself. :) 

Elder Howes enjoying his sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment